Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day One


So, this is weird. I guess I should introduce myself. I am 31 and I have been knitting for about 5 years. I have also just started a business selling my handpainted yarns. I have always loved art and have dabbled in various artistic endevours for my entire life, but with knitting, I finally found "the one". Now with hand-painting my own yarns, all the art classes and books I have devoted myself to for all these years finally apply to something. I would also like to design some knitting patterns, but I am a little intimidated. I currently knit, crochet, dye, spin, and card. I have 3 children, and my husband and I are currently writing a children's book (he's writing, I am illustrating). So that's me. This is all new to me. Comments are appreciated. Nice to meet anyone who's actually reading.


Above is a handspun I did. It is Milk Protein/Seacell/wool plied with metallic so soft with gorgeous sheen.

No comments:

Post a Comment