Friday, May 29, 2009

Round and Round


Spinning my own roving has been awesome. I am almost done. Then, I will need to decide whether or not I want to ply it. The colors are gorgeous and I am so pleased. I hadn't really seen how my own roving would spin up. I like seeing how the colors will play off eachother, and seeing it happen will help me dye better in the future. Part of the problem with hand-painting roving can be the whites, but sometimes that can create an effect that you desire, and there are ways around it if you do not wish to have any white.

My wheel is a Travelling Lendrum(recommended via e-mail by Pluckyfluff), and I love it. The orifice hook is stuck though, and I don't know how it happened (possibly kid-related). It spins a variety of yarns very well. I have never spun on a spindle, though. And I wish to learn how.

If I ply this one, it may lose some of its charm, and the colors which are so subtle already may lose their effect, but I prefer to knit with plied yarns. So we will see..

No comments:

Post a Comment